Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One off and then one on

Today I completed another pair of socks. (Yes, I realize this is a little bit of a shock.) This pair of socks is for my supervisor. She wanted a pair of hand knit socks. The problem is... the stripes matched up almost perfectly, so the socks don't look hand made. :( I hope that will be acceptable, what do you think? I really was not trying to match I was just knitting on the bus and started the second sock. When I looked at it later the sock just seemed to match the beginning of sock number one. Kind of a sock miracle! But really check it out, look closely at the toes they even came out perfectly with matching little blue stripes. Now do I need to remind you of the broken needle incident caused by this pair of socks? Let's just take a look at the miracle cotton/wool socks, Online Summer colors. Nice and soft.

Update on the needle crisis: The replacements just arrived in the mail...... to my other address. But they will be in my hands soon.

Socks are for the bus, and the blanket is for watching basketball. Here is an updated picture on my blankie. This picture shows 50 squares, almost 4 rows of 14. Since there still are a few more double headers I should be able to get a few more squares on tonight. :) Although the temperatures are going up a little this weekend, so it might be an outside weekend.

1 comment:

Knitwise Cracker said...

You always love it when your stripes match!! But you usually try hard to get them to match, so I guess it was nice not to have to try.........eh??

So are we meeting Saturday??