Thursday, June 25, 2009

GREEN! Green! Green!

Yes, I am seeing green. But unfortunately it is not the type of green that will buy me more yarn. Instead is it the kind that will make you more friends. See?

Meet Sheldon! He has been in my stash for a while and last weekend I kept hear him call to me. "Help! Help!" Finally, I could not take it anymore and put my socks up for a few days. Three days later Sheldon was released from his cedar box. He really is pretty cool and as you can see he has taken to my reading preferences. He even allowed me to finish a few pairs of socks along the way.

Doesn't Sheldon has good taste? These are the Waterloose Socks.

These socks have an easy 5 row pattern, with one technical row (if you call it that). Yep, it is a free pattern on Ravelry. Give it a try!

These are Anni's Lazy Leaf Socks for this month. Made with Happy Feet yarn and a toe up design. Seems I have been making a few more pairs of wrong way socks these days.... what is the world coming to? X-Rated pictures on my blog?

SORRY!! I tried to warn you! Sheldon got a little carried away and came out of his shell. I may need to get him a crabby friend to keep him under control. (Check out knitty.com?)
Next on the list of "things-to-do" requires some blue yarns. One is the next pattern in Cookie A's book, Eunice.
If I get gauge this will show up in sock form next month. I am also contracted by free yarn to complete a hoody mohair sweater :) Again it will not be green.... but a nice NW summer sweater.

Sheldon and I have started preparing for an upcoming camping trip in two weeks. We are watching the weather and avalanche conditions carefully.
Thanks again Fans for sticking with me. Hope you are enjoying your summers and winters where ever you are in the world.

No comments: