Saturday, August 29, 2009

NO Kidding!

Apparently my number one fan thought I staged the previous blog posting. Seriously... The green yarn was at the bottom of my drive and the yarn is still there! So I decided to make a voodoo doll to protect me. She is made from the most fabulous yarn "No Kidding." (It was free for a contest.) The yarn designer must have created it as a joke! If you are dying to get your hands on No kidding, I can hook you up with a ton of it for free. My self designed doll has quickly made friends with Sheldon, well he is a little spooked by her beauty.

Then Voodoo Girl and I went off to Stitch N Pitch. She was part of my gift bag set. If I actually used No Kidding I would get a prize. (Have you noticed I am all about free or discounted?) Here is Voodoo Girl posing at the coffee shop before the gates opened up at 5pm.

When I entered the ticket gates, I asked where the Yarn vendors were. The ticket-taker looked at me and said, "Yes, there are vendors at the top of the stairs in case you forgot something." Hmmm, are knitters forgetful? It seems my groupies forgot a FEW items, projects AND cute knit kits. I was good and knit with what I had on me.

Since Voodoo girl and I bought no souvenirs, my friend D helped me get the perfect souvenir picture of Voodoo-girl enjoying the game. (Wait, were they even playing back there?) I just know there was a game in the background interfering with our knitting conversations, someone won and someone lost. BUT I did get my prize for the joke yarn I knit. Was it worth it??

I can always use another set of needles. Seems every time I need a specific needle, I don't seem to have the correct length or size... or smoothness. In recent I have been depending on my fans and supporters. Thanks again for feeding the addiction.
Sheldon and I are going to leave the country. I hope his lack of a passport does not cause us trouble with security.

No comments: