Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ran to the hills


We took a little field trip to the hills, and on the way we had to pass through some beautiful autumn colors. The air was crisp and the colors were amazing.

As the air got crisper the leaves got fewer

...and fewer..
The clouds started to come in.

AND........
Oh, sorry about the scary ninja. Really this is what happened:

My body guard was forced to knit my socks outside in the snow! The picture does not show the snow falling very well. But many of my friends saw snow for the first time ever. Then we got back on the bus and saw

The beautiful Kegon Falls. Although, being an NW snob, my waterfalls are better in the NW. We got back on the bus... hee hee knitting time!!! Where I finished this,
Lorna's Laces Camouflage sock with the Mock Cable pattern from IW book My favorite socks. Check the errata before starting. but awesome socks!
Then I also returned to my computer to get the new Sockamania pattern which is looking like this:
That is about all for this week, as for the NW ... Rumor has it the water was up to my window sill, and within millimeters of flowing into my apartment. The maintenance guy saved the day and magically moved the River & Lake outside my window. Is that possible? I am very thankful. Hope every one survived the storm without much harm. Until the next pair of socks.

3 comments:

bonitapita said...

Your trips continue to look like so much fun and your socks are amazing!!

Bethany said...

I visited that waterfall exactly a week after you! It rained during our trip, though. I'll post my pics soon...that's what I'm always saying!

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl!! Your socks rock! We are out on winter holidays here, the lights are cheery, the rain and cold standard December fare, and it's wonderful to be warm inside.

I LOOOOOVE the autumn moon socks. If you still have the pattern, maybe I can get Mom to knit me a scarf with the kanji in it just like yours. SOOOOO gorgeous.

Melii Kurisumasu!!