Friday, August 22, 2008

No free ride?

Who said there was no such thing as a free ride? I will tell you they are wrong. But is that a good thing? I will prove this!
Tonight I went downtown to meet-up for a little knitting. Are you surprised? :)

In addition to being Sockergirl, I try to be Eco-girl. I tend to carry fabric bags and load up my backpack at the grocery check-out. My favorite eco-girl act is utilizing mass transit.

Tonight I walked to the bus stop yarn bag in hand. Everything was very normal for evening rush hour. While the bus WAS on time, the bus driver told me, "The ride is FREE. Get on the bus." I was puzzled because I like to pay for my bus rides to show support for the route in hopes for increased services. BUT I quickly got over it, found my seat and pulled out my sock to turn the heel. After the heel was turned and stitches picked-up, I should have been downtown in 30 minutes. I did not notice my free ride was rolling through traffic to town. 90 minutes later and gusset decreased I made it to my knitting group.

See? There is good in a free ride.

Now the stress in my life. I am not sure how much I am suppose to share in case someone is reading. Are you suppose to stop reading? Do you really want to spoil the surprise IF it is for you? hmm... what are you going to do? Well, I am going to tell you the stress. I was asked to make a 9 inch square in a blanket and here is the problem:
I have the yarn, but now I must choose from 1300 possible patterns to create a 9 inch square! Can you imagine the possible neglect to my sock yarn? I believe I will get through this medium crisis by the end of the weekend and eventually get back to the sock knitting.

On to the topic of #1 Fan

You might ask WHO is Sockergirl's number one fan? And what does the above picture have to do with the "Number-Won." I must mention that it was a tough call to select the "Number-Won fan" My groupies in Cherry Hill, NJ have been wonderful in recent weeks, keep knitting away you could be next! Even those of you home alone reading in Delhi, Albuquerque, Reston and Chile don't give up hope.

My "Number-Won" fan is Knit-wise Cracker! Her gift this round is from the famous Sockermom's Organic blueberry tree.Sockermom even hand picked the lush blueberries for Knitwise-Cracker. The awarded prize was quickly put into pie, check out the yummy results.

Good luck fans, keep reading and leave a little time for knitting!

1 comment:

Knitwise Cracker said...

Too cute!! I love being #won!