Friday, August 1, 2008

It seems.....

I am really getting bad about blogging.... and even about knitting 24 hours a day. Instead, I seem to be searching for the perfect place to knit. Yes, the search is on. My friend Casting Away had some good spots for knitting recently, and I am getting a little jealous. So here I go to show what I believe to be Awesome Knit spots.
Two weeks ago I met up with KnitWise Cracker to view the Olympics and knit. Nice, eh?

This location was pretty good, BUT I knew I could do better. Look!

In case my technology skills have failed this is what I had pictured:

Not sure you can see my fellow knitters up on the glacier trying to position for a prime knitting spot on top while I stayed at base camp. There was a small set back in their grand plan. Can you see it?

There was a bit of a gap between snow fields, uhm...25 feet away. This Crevasse seemed to span the top to the mountain. Bummer.... this "snow problem" turned them around 1000 ft from the summit knitting spot.
There is always a bright spot to this event. While they were returning to camp I realized........ crevasses could be a great place for yarn stash. Just imagine the amount of yarn you could fit in there. AND the yarn would be WELL preserved..thousands of years... for the next generation dinosaurs. Also, if the wool is frozen, it should be safe from bugs and moths. ;) What do you think?
Now a quick update to my slow knitting. My blanket is now officially 20% complete, 90 squares. Sockfanatic and I swapped scraps last weekend so we can continue to knit fresh colors.
Here is a picture of the Japanese Fan socks with Lorna's Lace "Asian" color way. This is supposed to help pay the rent for my brief stay in Asia. Do you think TalkstoStrangers will be satisfied with this exchange?

I did miss the deadline for the July Sockamania Celtic cable socks. I just needed to finish the foot and toe of sock number 2. Since it is August I need to get started on the August socks. How am I supposed to do all this knitting while I am out searching for the perfect knit spot????
Lastly, I can not forget to give a shout out to one my million readers, Welcome Cadirs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sockergirl!

Thanks for sharing the 360 degree view and the pics of our knitting expedition.

Maybe we'll be knitting on top next year,

Corvallis girl