Sunday, October 12, 2008

Squares


In August I was deep into Square making to try and participate in my Dragon friend's BIG birthday party. We made a blanket of 9x9 squares. I learned from this collaborative project that I need to stick to socks. all my squares needed to be blocked and stretched a bit. :( i think I will just stick to hanging out with my my cool triangle friends.

this is my cable square.
My triangle square.

And of course a trade-make sockergirl square. :)
I guess these are the only sock pictures I have for now.... :( but they may have a story to tell soon.

I blame the sweater making to explain why there are not as many postings and pairs of socks. (Good excuse right?)

Here is a smart dumbie who tried to steal my sweater. This is the Central Park Hoodie, made from 5 skeins of Cascade 220. I used all but 6 inches of yarn. It was a little scary. Let's look at the dumbie taking a rest after a few swings.

What a nice sweater! It turned out to be a snugger sweater than I expected. But I really like it. It is green, what is not to like?

Oh no... the dumbie tried to pick blueberries. He is so dumb he did not notice there are no berries left. That is when I was able to tackle him and get my sweater back to wear for the weekend.
Now a shout out to my fans down under, the gals in Charlotte and Paso Robles. I will try to keep the dumbie out of my blog and get more socks pictures to keep you fans happy!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love the hoodie! And what a perfect time to finish it. Hope to see you soon!