Thursday, January 31, 2008

A bit of knitting & snow


So I will not put any suspense in this note... here is ONE Slippery sock finished. (Free pattern on knitty, the designer is a high schooler! I wish knitting was cool when I was in high school.) It is really cool in person and I can't wait to wear this one sock. But then there is a part of my that wants to find the right person to give the complete pair to because I almost feel like they are too nice to wear. The last pair of super cool socks that took a little more time than usual were sent to the East Coast to be loved. Just need to find time to wind the yarn so I can start the next sock before the February Sockamania pattern comes out... uhm tomorrow.

I also finished these boring plain blue socks. They came out all screwed-up and I can not explain why. The two skeins of blue yarn were different lengths, and I opted not to fix the unmatched design. Some poor soul will end up wearing this goofy socks somewhere in the world.

Last weekend I was out with game-girl. We met up at the yarn shop and then went to my coffee shop of choice, Tully's. (Although, I am a little upset they no longer have the Tiramisu latte.) While we camped out at Tully's for a few hours, she helped me read the instruction of a game and then....... we pulled out our weapons and I made my best attempt at .... Amigurumi. It is too bad I did not take a video of my first attempts trying to hold the hook and pull loops through. It was ugly...trying to knit with a hook. Eventually I got the hang of the , while I completed what is in the picture, game-girl finished a scarf. Unfortunately, I have not had time to work on the basic crochet stitch since the outing, but I know how to read the patterns and can probably attempt and complete anything in the current book I have... I think..... more practice is needed....... IF I had more time...

Ok this is a picture from last week. I guarantee I will have better snow pictures in 2 weeks...

No comments: