Friday, April 25, 2008

Hurry before it snows!

Well, I better blog again before it snows again. All right, it is not SUPPOSED to snow this weekend, like the predicted snow storm while waiting at the bus stop last Sunday morning. The winter is kind of LOoooOOOnnnnG. But I am trying to decide if last weekend was a start to winter 2008. Because it is still kind of cold, and the weekend before was nearly summer at 80 degrees. The weathermen don't know whether tomorrow will be 50 degrees and rainy or 70 and partly cloudy. I have to say playing soccer in the cold rain is not as much fun in April, than December.

With the cold weather I have still been indoor knitting. First achievement was surviving Sock Madness round 3. This year I am not calling in sick to work so I can play, in fact I happened to pick up a couple of shift during round 3 and was still alive for round 4! This pattern was the coolest yet because it used lace weight and the results are pretty interesting. Notice how the colors change.

While knitting these I kept thinking Puff the Magic Dragon or Barney because these colors are VERY bright and happy! The yarn is Tess yarns in Frog Kiss and Raspberry. I will remember to not trust the colors on the internet. I think I really did want coffee bean instead of raspberry. BUt these socks are very soft!
While I was preparing for round 4. I gathered up a few sock remains for a SWAP. :) SO here is what I sent along to the sock yarn swap fairies. Did you notice Lambchop the lamb who went along with the package to make sure it all arrived safe and sound. I hope he sends me some fun colors back! It seems my blankie could use a few brighter colors, instead of my usual browns and greens. Here is a not too recent picture of the blanket project which now actually has 43 squares done. I am hoping for 448 squares in total. SO I am close to 10% into the project. every square is 4 inches across with 41 stitches on size 3 needles. ONLY 405 squares to go! Did I mention each square is taking just under an hour?

This is round 4 which came in AFTER I left for work on Monday. I was finally able to get to the pattern on Monday night as most of the competition had a sock done. Having low motivation in regards to the first couple of patterns anyway, I took my time deciding on the yarn. It seemed to be a good choice because the cherry tree hill Loden yarn is really easy to knit with and looks really good.

What you see is commuting knitting. I bought the bus pass and have finally started commuting, three buses in 40 minutes. It is way better than sitting in traffic and drinking gas like your favorite choice of Seattle style coffee. The last time I bought gas was last month. :) Even better, I now am finding driving a "luxury item" and it is fun! Yep, driving once a week to my soccer carpool is great. :)
Oh, so round 4 is well over with and I am fortunately on the sidelines. The next pattern comes out on Sunday if anyone cares. I may take a crack at it after this sock is completed. Let's hope the snow is OVER!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

You are knitting my hearts desire - a sock yarn blanket. It's looking good and so are your socks.

bonitapita said...

Hi! Remember me? You sock recipient? I was just wearing them today!!! Anyway, wanted to say hi and to tell you how much I love your sock blanket!