Friday, July 10, 2009

All dyed out

After dyeing 10 skeins of yarn and soon after winding 4600 yards of beautiful sock wearable fibers, I went off to my yarn cave to drink 45 gallons of delicious Kool-Aid. I think I am back to tell the tale.

It all started that morning with Sockergirl scurrying around town searching for more Kool-Aid colors. (Especially Lemon-lime, I was not sure the Kiwi Watermelon was green.) But no store had much variety. I settled with the 50 packets to bring to the party. My buddy, Angle K, purchased about 10 packets to assist the cause. Angle K prepared the dyeing facility while Mama Ann was out... of all things .... SHOPPING for yarn! Once Mama Ann returned to the scene we gathered up our teenage elves and went to work. 10 skeins, 10 elves, 60 packets of sweet smelling deliciousness, 1 soaping station, 7 clear glass boils for the dyes, 3 burners boiling water, and one drying line hung by Papa Bear. And we were off for 3 hours to Dye to our hearts content.
Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Step 4:
End results:
A day later:
After weeks of sleep:
Yes still contemplating which sock pattern to go with the special yarns. Do you feel like the yarn is making a funny face at you? Maybe I should knit it up soon.

No comments: