Monday, July 27, 2009

Jackpot!


I hit the gold spot! See? Here is my hard earned yarn from the Sockamania Knit along group. This just might be worth more than a bar of gold...... to me. :)
While I was awaiting my bar of gold, I whipped up another two pairs of socks.

This is Knitpicks yarn with Fixation scrap yarn in the heels and toes. There is a heart pattern camouflaged into the stripes.

This sock here is Darcie's disaster. It was headed for the trash can until Scokergirl swooped in to save the sock's life. You see, this associate of mine, let's call her D. She picked out the Tofutsie yarn and the colors fit in with her color scheme, so she started the sock. She knit away steadily getting past the heal turn and then... the yarn won. It is kind of splitty and started pooling. D was really going to toss it in the garbage at the coffee shop. SO I collected the abused yarn, took it home and gave it a little TLC. It now has a mate and is ready to make a debute.... well after the heat wave passes. (If you likes temps in the 100s come on over, Sheldon and I are headed to ocean.)
Here is a shout out to my fans in Antarctica, wishing I was knitting with you. What day does your knit group meet, again? To all my other Fans stay cool and keep knitting.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

I bet D. is amazed by your quick abilities and fearless knitting.