Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Culture day!

Yet again... I am up to my usual doings. I finished a sock for the Sockmania group pattern Elegance. It is hard to see in the following picture, but I will try to post a better one this weekend. (Maybe I will have a pair of socks to show.)
My beautiful model is not only wearing my favorite color, but she is also from Argentina. Thanks Ms. Argentina!
The following is a picture of me wearing a similar outfit. Not sure you can see how small the shoes are... ouch! They were about half the size of my size 11 feet. Our style of outfits would typically be wore to weddings and special occasions.
Also, I went into Town to find the knitting Cafe Saturday. Even with all the wacky blocks and funky addresses here, I found the cafe but the doors were locked. I found out later after reading the webpage a little closer with at the crazy symbols that you must make reservations. :( Fortunately to make up for the closed cafe... last night was the SNB group in town. They are always a good group to bounce ideas off and try to gain more knitting energy, although many of them are crocheting. I am not yet used to the smokey atmosphere with the meet up spot being in a bar. hmm.... will I adjust?

Really I must move on to other things. Or to finish a second sock?? hmmm...