Friday, October 12, 2007

Like a river

It seems it is time for another weekend. No one can complain about that, right :)

Life is like a river, once in it you have no choice but to follow it...somewhere. It has now been a month since I started working on this project with the new colleagues. I think I am really lucky there is good group harmony. There is so much to learn in my new position, I frequently feel overwhelmed and wonder why I chose to escape my previous office burn out. In fact last week there were days when I wished I was there in the frustrating environment. BUT Change always makes one stronger and better in the long run.
Some how it seems that I have picked up the role of the go-to-girl, I seemed to have given everyone the impression I know what is going on at all time of the day. Reality, I am just as confused as they are, but I might have a sharp ear, then take the time to read the documents and ask questions. Since we were all new a month ago, we were given the chance to pile in a bus and go tour together. Yippy, bus time equals.... knitting time!

So here is what I was hoping to do after 2 hours of cable knitting:
But this is what we actually ended up doing. I think is was still very cool. oh, take a look at the weather. A little too warm to work on the Mohair at this point, mid 70s.
Well, as I was saying the weather was nice until.... the wind picked up and we got slightly stuck in the river. So we put the Kenyian amd Nepali guy to work to pole us back to shore. BUT in the end the guides came out to save us. We just got a little longer boat ride. :)
Do you want to see the latest knitting or what we had for lunch? Always nice when the company buys lunch.
Enough pictures of me outside playing in the sun shine, it is time to show a complete sock I finished on the crowded train last night. It is Trekking with the Holly's sock pattern from Sock bug. Two people volunteers to be my model. You be the judge as to who is cuter?

In the one picture we have Ms. Brazil, and then in the other picture is weird cute character of the week.I have no idea what it was. A cute pink bear with vicious claws? thank goodness I got the sock back from him.

Started another new pair of socks, this one with cables and did I mention I now have 2 single socks floating around my room. oh well... here is a close-up on one of them.

Tomorrow I am going to try and meet-up with a new knitting group. Hopefully I will have lots to tell you then.

Lastly, I leave you with my Thai model posing with a frog. I also want to thank those who left a message on my blog last week. It was nice to know that I am not taking note of my life alone and that there are people out there reading my blog.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I like the funny pink thing. The socks look good, but I think for volume right now, i'm kicking your butt. =P

bonitapita said...

Of course you are not alone. You are never alone...mwah-ha-ha-ha!