Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Took the socks for a walk

The weekend was super busy and I never had time to recover before the work week to update the blog.

Saturday I met Game-Girl and we resisted the game center in place of a nice walk. :) We did the Race for a Cure. The course was cool because it went around the Emperor's palace. Did I mention the weather was fabulous? High 70s with a gentle breeze. Perfect for a 5K walk. Then after the walk... we decided to take the socks to the park to watch the Herons, Koi, turtles and ducks. (Click on pictures to get a better view of the wildlife.)

Of course, Game girl and I had to go to an electronics shop and look at games, Nintendo DS, also tried out the relaxation chairs and current trendy sports equipment. Then window shopping in the expensive shopping district for cake and coffee. YUM! chocolate cake. After not being able to buy any of the $4000 hand bags, we went to the book store where I purchased a pattern book to attempt my personally designed autumn socks. Can you wait?? Do you think they will really be unique? Hope I can figure out the pattern I want.

Almost forgot to show you a picture of a sweater I am saving money for... I don't want to own up to the quality.


How much so you think I need to save for this creatively miss sewn sweater? $450 Yep, in sock terms that is slightly less than 30 pairs of socks.

Today since I seem to be catching a cold, my socks took me to the park to view a natural Rose-sock bush. Amazing!!
Seriously, there were roses in all colors. I was looking for the rare Blue colored rose famous in this area. Roses in October???
Then my almost complete socks did a bit of a photo session, enjoy:


NO sock in this one:
While some people offer their toys to the gods, uhm... I kind of have second thoughts about offering my hand knit socks.
Then we came home and my socks quickly went to sleep on the bed. :( I thought I was the sick one.

I used Fortissima tweed yarn, and of course the Sockmania October Elegance pattern. Hope all is well and my socks are staying busy enough for you.

No comments: