Saturday, October 27, 2007

saga of a hat

I did not realize that Halloween was just around the corner. So I ran to the dollar store and bought the cheap size 9 dbpt needles and some BRIGHT cheery orange yarn to quickly pound out a pumpkin hat for my little friend on another island. I hope she likes it.... or better yet, I hope it makes it to her house by Halloween. And it might be a problem....

You see I got the brillant idea to make the hat at about 830pm Friday night, and I stayed up late knitting. Saturday I woke up wrote a letter and addressed the envelope, I knew it was raining... So I grabbed my umbrella and put on my NW rain parka (Green of course) to wonder out to the post office I thought would be open Saturday morning. NOPE! After asking around I could not get anyone to fess up the location of a post office open on Saturday morning. It must be a national secret. I will get to the bottom to this in time. Anyway, As I am walking home the rain is stronger and the wind even more! ... and of course the postmen were cruising past splashing water on me. it was like an line of ants marching... but I could not figure out where they were going or coming from. Thought about jumping infront of them to make them tell but opted to teh safer side and kept heading home. At this point the package no longer mattered, I was soaked my umbrella was almost broken by the huge winds, I could not find a dry spot for the cell phone.. and my package was pretty wet... :( And you wonder why it was raining so hard?? oh, there was a typhoon passing through. I think the weather man forgot to mention that in his weather forecasts earlier in the week. ARGH!

But typhoons are fun to watch from inside and I can't wait for the blue sky to follow. I will see blue sky, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too bad your little friend won't get the darling hat.

Sorry about the "typhoon weather," but it's blue sky and verrry strong East winds here. No rain for another week. We'll get your typhoon next week.