Sunday, April 15, 2007

Busy weekend


makes me want chocolate. Good excuse, right? I was dying to start the second toe up sock, but there was a sock madness pattern looming on the horizon. So in preparation I wound up my Lorna's lace daffodil yarn to make a fabulous pair of socks by Monday. Yes, I see where that was a joke. The pattern whipped me. I get so excited with the crazy pattern, I can't read it and skip important side note asterisks, repeat, and size notes. (Even though I am not competing, I still want to pound out a pair of socks with theI had planned to post Friday.... but then I was intensely knitting up the bib for a baby shower. (It really is difficult to knit on cotton after all the fun sock wools that I artistically shape. hee hee) After the bib was put together I grab a picture of the wrong way sock (toe up) in Claudia's choco cherry as promised. It is a happy color that pros.) Then I rush to get started on the sock.... then sit perplexed as I manipulate the loops to look like the posted picture. The great things about being a loser is that I can feel ok putting the socks down to run out to meet a friend, attend a baby shower or get groceries. While I wish I had a new pair of socks, I am happy having one down. I hope to have sock two by mid week.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You are a busy bee girl.
That bib is so cute!
And the "45 pick up?" way too funny. =)