Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mad Daffodil Weave


I did it!!! I posted my sock of madness before the last competitive pair did. hee hee.... This pattern was a challenge and it took focus, but the out come was awesome. I mean check out these socks! Love them..... don't you? These socks are making my non-knitter friends say, "wow, you are really getting good at knitting." uhm.... was that a compliment? I think the reality is.... this kid (me) had never put a pattern on a sock before this contest, this kid had never put more than 56 stitches on a needle to produce a sock, this kid had never used a needle smaller than a size #3. I did not realize I was afraid of change. I did not realize I "lived in a box." The next question is... am I liking this change? hmmm.... I love the cool socks, but I hate the snail pace. I miss the mindless knitting. I finally bought knitting books, now I just need to lose the excitement of cool sock and actually learn to read the pattern slowly. So I guess I miss my box.

No comments: