Tuesday, May 8, 2007

And in 4 days... wah la!


I successfully completed the Mad Batik sock from the contest. It was fun, but I am not sure I will do these socks again. Although I might look for a pattern that is more my style and less stitches on about a size 2 or 3 needle. Yep, that's my pace. I did not anticipate this type of pattern, so I was fortunate to have a small stash to draw out a good combo. Ok Ok... I kind of have a heaping stash that needs to dwindle.... quicker than it grows. Having been to a Batik factory in Indonesia this pattern made sense. Also the dark, dark color with white seems to be a nice traditional color choice. I just thought I would spice it up with the self-striping Lana grosse background thread.
Now I think I need to work on something easier.... and quick with less focus.... a sock I can knit in my sleep. hmm...

No comments: