Monday, May 28, 2007

Ruby Slippers and socks



What could make this sockergirl happier? A pair of shiny red slippers for the next match. My old ones blew out the side and NW mud puddles would seep in rather quickly, regardless of my lightening speeds and power shots. I thought about retiring with the shoes but when I was in the sports store.... I found these super shoes on sale! I know with the red shoes I will pass quicker.
Maybe I will retire with this pair in about two years.

Then to make the day even better, I completed two pairs of socks!!! The first pair provoked me to go shopping for the ruby slippers. I finally bound off the Knee high soccer socks to wear to my next soccer game. These socks were my own design!!! .... And they seem to function. Actually I will put them to the text later this week. I kept the pattern simple with no increases or decreases using 3 balls of Casacades Fixation cotton yarn.

Should I try to complete another pair for summer season?

This evening I wrapped up the On-line red -cinnamon socks. They were a little itchy and a bit stretchy. Will will see how my friends enjoys them. I wish the yarn was better to put more love into them.

1 comment:

Denise said...

OOOO! I LOVE the red socker shoes, and you finally finished the socker socks!!!!! Good Job! See you when i get back to town...it may be a day earlier than planned.