Saturday, May 5, 2007

Pattern 6 Batic with modifications


Yesterday the 6th pattern for Sock Madness came out in the afternoon and I was here to catch it fairly hot of the press. I started it in green :)... then got worried the selected colors did not contrast enough. Then I started the real sock in Lana grossa #5040 and Fortissima white #1001. A day later I have one sock. I added a rib, a second repeat in the leg and about an inch in the leg of knit. The sock is 72 stitches. WOW lot O stitches! So ribbed in #1s then legged in #2s, realized the leg was a little loose and heeled in #1s on out. I also took out 6 stitches in the foot because the photos of other mad people were showing a loose fit. I also had an issue with a pattern being on the bottom of the foot. What's the point? Who is checking out the bottom of my feet? So i checker boarded the bottom. good ? bad? still undecided. The biggest thing I learned from this pattern is... this patterns are not hard, they actually might be fun if I have time to sit and knit. I might just look for a super cool pattern to make. The trick to this pattern is having highly contrasting colors, otherwise you might not be happy with the outcome. got to get the other sock started tonight otherwise the second one may not come alive. Happy knits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tsugoi ne!!! Sonna ni hayaku dekita koto o shinjirarenai yo!!!! Totemo kawaii!!