Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Here it is.... wah ha ha... Mash-up madness

These beautiful socks could be yours.... if you are my Sockapalooza Pal. Is it you? Do you wish it was you? These socks took about a week to knit up. There is a beautiful design on the front (uhm, kinda like the Breeze sock at knitty) and the back of the foot is a lace deisgn with cables mixed in. I know this design would have been so much cooler with a solid color. But have you ever seen me use a solid color yarn for socks? I don't believe I could knit a pair of socks in a solid color...... unless it was a green yarn. So, apparently my pal did not request green. the yarn here is Lorna Laces in glenwood, size #2 needles. the color way is very soothing.
OH, I forgot to have you check out the lacy top. Yes, it was a knit 99 cast on with yarn overs- unders and thrus... which turned into 62 stitches, I swear. Since this is a public forum, let's just say I mastered the rib in the first try.
This blurry picture is the back of the leg..... can you make out the pattern?

oh man.... I feel Sheldon the turtle wanting to be knit.... what to do? turtle, turtle...

No comments: