Saturday, August 4, 2007

Monkey offf my back, come over Eleanor

I shipped out my Sockapalooza socks to my pal. I hope she likes them. I sent a little care package of a sort, the items included - black sheep tape measure, Hello Kitty Mermaid cell phone charm from Japan, yarn sticky note pad and of course the lovely Lorna lace Mashed-up madness socks. I shipped it UPS to make sure it gets there and so I can track it. I can't wait to hear how she likes the goodies!

While everyone is doing monkeys, all the cool gals I am hanging with are making Eleanors. Sockfanatic is on her third pair!!! wow... will I end up like her? check out the pattern. I started it yesterday adn I am about half way throught the first sock. I should have a pair by weekend. uhm,... the test pattern has got me a little behind on my socks-a-week pace... hmm.. Is it time to give up? I know Sheldon is still calling to me, as well as the mohair sweater & all those sock patterns on Ravelry.

Below you will see the test socks in their current state. The pattern is working out fine, but the yarn??? Not so well... it is pooling pretty bad. The Thursday night gals voted to rip it out and try Jaywalkers with this yarn and pick something else for the test pattern. :( Yarn is SOcks that Rock G-rock. So sad...

No comments: