Monday, August 13, 2007

How could I forget?

I totally forgot to share that my super cool Sock Pal (the one I made socks for) got her socks. Fortunately she did not "fall" the tree on the UPS man. you should check out Her blog, Cool sock friend She is also on Ravelry, (Like all the cool kids,) see what sock patterns she has queued there. :) oh, she is under bonitapita. (did you see what wisecracker taught me this weekend, its a new trick!)

No time for knitting today, but I did go shoe shopping. I wanted the Gwen Estafani "harajuku" shoes. I thought they would be fun, and they are in a converse chuck style. I don't usually spend $65 on a pair of shoes, but my thinking is.... I tend to keep things for a long time. Like the shirts from middle school, Esprit shoes from HS, my old worn out GAP jeans that the sales clerk laughed at me when I asked if they still sold that style. (yeah, they actually are designed to stay on your waist.) I think you get the picture. I am not so much up to date on latest fashion and I tend to do my own thing. This could explain why Chico's did not call me back when I applied for a job there recently. Or was I over qualified? Sorry I got side tracked my real story is what the girl said to me. I tried on the 11s, but they were a little long, then the 10s... but they were kind of tight. She said, "well I am sure you will be wearing a thinner sock, so they will fit." Does she know who she is talking to??? Sock-ergirl... only hand knits here! I just kindly pointed out I woul dbe wearing hand knit socks. I don't think the sales girl understood the great artistry of hand knit there socks.

Well, I am off to knit up a storm in my special spot of hybernation. Let's hope my Mountain bike does not distract from my knitting.

1 comment:

Knitwise Cracker said...

Thanks so much for making me laugh!! I'm still waiting for the formalities....haven't heard yet. Have a great vacation!