Thursday, August 30, 2007

End of the month already?

I just realized it is August 30th. I believe that means it is pay day. Yippy! Not only that it means doing bills and posting my August sock on the sock-a-month KAL. While I have started many pairs I am lagging a bit behind. Work has kept me busy and more than frustrated me lately. Why do supervisors give projects for you to work you tail off and then throw in that last minute surprise that puts all of your time and efforts to waste AND basically makes you look like a fool. Just yesterday all the pieces were getting worked out and my project was a go, so I show my co-workers and they were very impressed with my findings. Then I get a call after I am home from work to find out my project may not even be used even though I was told to share it with my surrounding team members and add them as support. WHAT!! I swear someday soon I am going to suddenly quit and totally blind side them. Yes, I hate my employer. Ok sorry for the explosion. Let's talk about something happier.

I finally found a good deal on some yarn to make the sweater. It is the hoody I can't stop talking about from Rebecca No 32 magazine. The cost of this yarn was about $15 plus Washington's 10% sales tax. I was debating about olive or this color. What do you think?

The sad news about this... I won't be able to throw it on the needles until my mohair sweater is knit and then my next giant work project begins. Sad... But to make up for that and the bargain yarn I was able to buy a happy colored yarn from Opal feelings collection. :) I thought about buying a second skien to make knee highs for soccer... but then I calulated the amount of time I am going to be able to knit in the month of September and common sense won out. :(


well... I am going to escape to go meet my knit buddies tonight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn! I wish we could knit together... ^.^