Monday, August 20, 2007

A little variety

I am back from the lake and the weather was great. Well, a little hot for two of the days. Now I am home watching paint dry. I just painted two bathrooms. This evening I will put up some of the fixtures and take the tape off the edges. Kind of sounds like work, so I will sit here and knit and internet a little longer. More fun, eh?

I finished my test socks. I really liked the Pagewood yarn. It will be interesting to see how it knits up. Awesome color. The pattern is quick going. If I was to make another pair of socks in this pattern I would put my favorite flap heel in instead of the short rowing. These socks feel good on. :)


Last week at the lake I whipped up this sock, the flaming wave sock from Favorite Socks book. Pattern was frustrating for me since I can't really see the pattern very well. bummer... like the color but I am wasting effort on an invisible pattern. Maybe I will change my mind when i do the second sock. hmmm....



I got a little ambitious this morning and started another sock in addition to the others on the needles... I started the Broadripple. It is coming along rather quickly. quicker than the flame. I am following the pattern 56 st size 3 needles


I started two socks in one. I mean inside the other. It is kind of cool but a little slow. So I don't suspect a quick pair with these socks. The trick is to keep one thread in the front and one in the back. I am thinking it woul dhave been quicker if I knit the outside sock inside-out. This way i would not be flipping the tread forward all the time just purl a st knit a st...



Let's see if I am doing it, right? Can I pull the two pieces away from each other?

YIPPY good so far.

Let's see how many other projects I can get started to fill the knitting bag I carry around.

2 comments:

bonitapita said...

Oh! I love seeing all the socks you are starting! Makes me feel a bit better for all the ones I have going (and the ones I can't resist casting on!).
Your work is lovely!

Knitwise Cracker said...

You are amazing!!