Monday, August 6, 2007

A single and a single equal....

Single sock syndrome? Nah... not yet, right?

I completed the Test sock in Pagewood's green color. It is way better than the pooling socks that rock I tried last week. The pattern is nice and I learned a new way to turn a heel, short rows with YOs. The pattern was made on #2 needles following the recommended gauge of 8 st per inch.



The other single is Eleanor from panda cotton. It is very snuggly. I thought I was going to run out of yarn, but I squeezed out the toe. On to the next one, already have the ribbing in. :) Good mindless pattern of a sort, but you have to remember what line you are on.



I had to go downtown to take care of some office work and along the way I had time to stop in at a yarn shop. hee hee... I was able to preview Ann Budd's new book. I think Ann is becoming my new hero. Move over Nakata, Pele, Beckham.... :) Her book has good sensible layout and visuals. There are also a few patterns toward the back. I think it could make a great coffee table book next to Favorite socks, and the Sensational Sock series.

No comments: