Saturday, August 4, 2007

Surprise!!! It's super cool!

I opened my front door and I almost tripped over this....



My sockapalooza socks! My pal was working hard on this package for months. :) Oh, I am SO happy with my magic box of goodies. Way better than imaginable. My Pal Gena rocks!!! I hope she has a blog so I can see what other cool things she does. But let's look at the goodies. The Awesome socks, TWO chocolate bars - healthy ones :) (I will TRY to share with a friend, it always makes the chocolate taste better.) two natural flavored lip shine (Vanilla Cola & Orange Cream) and what I thought to be green altoid chewing gum. Oh, pal you tricked me, really.



With the careful wrapping and decorated box, the nice postcard from MSU, the organic items for ME. How did she know I try to hide my inner "hippy" from my blog? But the package got better when I opened the green altoid box it had GREEN knitting markers and the super bonus... ONE soccer ball marker. Nope not loaning these babies to anyone. :)



Then the coolest part of the gift. The socks! (of course) Look how snuggly these socks fit! WOW!!! She really got the whole package right. I have been wanting to do this pattern, Ann Budd's Diagonal Cross Rib Socks. The color choice - Perfect! it's Pine Tree green, soft wool. Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock yarn to be exact. Looks like I will have to make this pattern for a friend. I hope that my pal's feet are about the same size and she did not have too work too hard on the size 11 socks. I am sure that she has a pretty box of socks in the mail to her too. She deserves it! Thanks pal, you made my week!



Now about my knitting....After the depressing start on the test sock, I set the Socks That Rocks aside and wound the Pagewood GREEN yarn. hee hee. :) I got a pretty good start I am already to the heel turn and it looks pretty good. See


Here is today's added bonus to all the knitting time and surprise giftS. I went to my knitting guild Picnic potluck and someone was destashing .... cotton sock yarn in mint. I am very happy to take this yarn off their hands. Now I need to find the perfect knee high sock pattern. :) Any ideas?

No comments: