Thursday, September 6, 2007

Definitely not tranquilizers

I had a pleasant surprise this afternoon when I got home from work. I found this box sitting on my door step. At first I assumed it was the large box of pain killers I ordered so that I can deal with my supervisor. I tossed the box into the living room and made a few phone calls.
While I was talking to a friend, I noticed the bubbly hand written address label. (That was a hint that there might not be drugs inside the box.) It was box from an enabling guardian angel in California. Look what she sent me!!!

This box was full of fun. There is a handful of sock patterns and dish towel patterns. One is a Washington State dish clothes pattern. Then there was some Knit Picks sock yarn, Sockotta sock yarn, 800 yards of merino wool (possible sweater?), and some blue-green sock yarn WITH Brittany knitting needles!!! Then a friend tried to spoil the reality of the packages' origin. "She was just cleaning out her old patterns and unwanted yarns." But the cool thing is that in the end, I am the spoiled one! I always accept boxes of unloved yarn, I could probably open up a house to care of foster yarns or find space for unwanted yarn.

Going home to have dinner with the big family this weekend and I think the blue yarn and needles is joining me. BUT whenever I have a quick trip away, here is the trauma I have to deal with:
From the 60 pairs of socks I have to pick just a few pairs to take with me. How does a person decide which pair gets packed to travel and which one gets to stay home? Choosing my socks is often the most stressful part of the weekend get-away! Then while I try to choose, the socks come alive and attack things in the house. This next picture maybe a little graphic, look at own risk:
Can you see Kermit getting attacked by these crazy socks? Fortunately, I saved him in time so he can continue to be involved in future photo shoots!

Now do you want to see my finished pair of socks from the weekend?
These are the Broadripple. I really love how the pattern turned out. Yes, it is fixation yarn, which I hate, but the stretchiness and pattern make this yarn tolerable. This is color #9385, I bought it about a year ago.

Well, Happy knitting. I hope to have another pair for socks for you to see soon!

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Your new socks look great! And WOW all those socks in one pic! I'd have a hard time deciding too!!!