Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mary Poppins, I am.

Today was a nice causal knit day. I thought I would take my super cool Mary Poppin's wheels out for a spin. I am not used to having hand breaks and no gears. But all the same I can break light speed and pass everyone on the street. :) I can even eat and ride the bike, all I need is a coffee holder and I will feel more at home.

Of course the first order of the day was to elbow in for some parking. As well as be attentive to where parking ticket are given out.
NOPE, this is not my granny bike. I think the parking fines are chopping off a finger. That sure would make knitting a challenge.

Here are the results of my errands.
I have two of the five fingers on the gloves. I am using the knitty Broad Street Mitten pattern slightly adapted. Ok, very much adapted. I am taking notes for the other glove in hopes they match.

I was glad I road the bike in the hot 85 wind, as walking would have been more tiring. When I got home I took this picture of my gloves with my neglected arrow socks in the garden. I must show this picture as I had to brave the mosquitoes!


I am just glad today did not involve 4 hours in the Karaoke room!

No comments: