Thursday, September 20, 2007

More knitting adventures

I've been busy knitting, meeting and playing around... of course. Yesterday I finished the awful kool-aid sock and now I have one more to make. Can I finish it before the end of the month?? I would rather sit in the library and study that knit on the stupid sock. It looks really nice on and will be great for this heat wave we are in. Yes, it was another 90 degree day and too hot to wear any hand knit socks. :( In fact I ALWAYS wear my delicately hand crafted socks that even when I am not wearing socks... I am still wearing socks. (I have a bad tan line, albino white to a light white color.)

I went to my new knit group Tuesday night. of course I got lost on the way, did not take the address, phone number, etc... so I stopped into AmPm to ask where the bar was.... and the clerk kind of freaked out. "No not around here." I circled the block because I could sense the needles working nearby, and half a block away I found the group. It was a pretty cool group. But I am not used to knitting in bar. hmm.... but I will get used to it. there were about 10 people and they were all working on a variety of things. Once it cools down a bit more people will probably drop in.

I saw the coolest thing in the yarn store. It was kind of expensive but I am a glow in the dark fanatic. There was fingering weight glow in the dark yarn in 4 colors, 75 yards for $6. While I can't really justify the purchase yet.... uhm, I am definitely trying make it seem cheap. I could put hidden stripes or patterns in my socks. How cool would that be???

oh, I finished a glove and the other one is about half done. I did take a picture and with the background says 32 degrees, that is not in F.
I am surprised I did not have a heat stroke modeling the glove in the sun.


Do you want other curious pictures?

This is taller than that thing in Paris. :) 勝った、よ。

How about this building?

If you are watching the news you would know that it is empty for various reasons. Next week it should be back on track... well of a sort.

1 comment:

Beth said...

the gloves are coming out great! So glad to see my scrap yarn put to use :)