Friday, September 21, 2007

Summer of Socks count

I believe today is the last day of summer, unfortunately summer just keeps continuing!!! It is a ridiculous 35 degrees Celsius out. Yes, definitely not "knitting in the park" weather. To celebrate the coming of fall I don't have to work on Monday, although it will probably still be 30 some degrees in the 90.

As summer concludes and the SOS wraps up I must confess the socks are slowing down as more interesting winter projects start to take over. I only managed to to knit 8 and a half pairs of socks. I had hoped to knit more to get ahead on the 52 sock plunge. I may just jump off the wagon.... but I have all this stash to burn through!!!

To conclude summer I must show the half a pair of socks... maybe by Monday it will be a pair and ready to wear in the beginning of fall. This is my hand-dyed knit picks yarn with the little arrowhead pattern from Sensational Knits. 4 simples rows that threw off too many times. Even after all the pain of the pattern I can't wait to wear them.

2 comments:

Shannan said...

You're sock looks great! Love the colors...very citrusy.

bonitapita said...

Hey, Sockergirl! Check out my post in which you and your socks are mentioned!!