Monday, September 3, 2007

Welcome to the NW

Today is a holiday and apparently I committed to an annual event last year. It is an official hiking day with my friend, Super trail woman. Off of the sofa I went to hike Tiger Mountain, just a few miles east of Seattle. (30 minute drive) We get there about 8:30 am, first car at the trail head and up the mountain we go. Sadly there were no signs of any massive wild life like bears or cougars this time so we wondered through the woods listening to the birds and watching for "organic" huckleberries to nibble on, as well as counting the varieties of mushrooms on the soft forest floor. Ah nice isn't it?

At the top of the mountain this is the view I was able to take in as I chewed on my cliff bar. (Kind of jealous I did not think to make a delicious sandwich like Super trail woman.)

This is Mt. Rainier at 14,000 ft tall. Typically a 3 day climb to summit in good weather. It is a nice site, isn't it?
In the next picture I will introduce you to the city, Seattle. Can you spot the Space Needle?

After our little lunch break taking in the scenes it was time to hike back out the 4 miles. No big deal it's mostly down hill and through the beautiful cedar trees.... and then... Zappity- Zang... OUCH! Mr. yellow Jacket/Wasp guy decided to sting me on the leg. :( OWE... Fortunately I am not allergic to bees like Super Trail Woman and the good news is at this point there has been no need to amputate my leg yet and I will live to see another day of work.

But yet again boys and girl there is a moral to the story, The world just is not safe and I should have stayed home to knit!

No comments: